Nate writing... Somalia continues to spin out of control into further lawlessness. It's so difficult to read in the news each day. Kenya, leery of having a group linked to Al Qaida ruling right next door has promised to "help crush" the insurgency (http://www.nation.co.ke/News/-/1056/605254/-/ujqiwv/-/index.html). Yikes. This doesn't look good.
In other, more hopeful news... I was walking across town to catch my matatu when a guy passed me and called out my name. I turned around to find that a friend from EFC, Abdi Fatah, was standing there, thrilled to have run into me downtown. We chatted for a bit, and he scolded me for not having visited him for some time. I apologized, and beamed at the fact that this friend remembered, and even kept track of me. I hope for more friendships just like this one!
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment