
How many seeds are in a mango?
One.
How many mangos are in the seed?
Innumerable, immeasurable, infinite.
Our pastor shared this proverb today at church, and as I looked out over the 400-member congregation gathered under the tent for the service, I was seeing living proof of that statement. I've heard that in the early 1900s, during what is considered the East Africa revival, the number of believers in Kenya skyrocketed to 25% in a short period of time. Today, statistics report that 80% of Kenyans are believers. That 80% began with a single seed. What a miracle. Could this happen in other places today? Places where we consider the church to be non-existent?
On another note, Janine has arrived and brought with her a blessing in a suitcase. We have been showered over and over again with gifts from friends and family at home. To be on the receiving end of so much love is truly a humbling experience. So, many thanks, over and over again for the cards and gifts.
No comments:
Post a Comment