Two posts in one week!? What is happening? It's just that I saw this article today on the BBC, and wanted to share it on our blog.Kenya hit by killer drought
Before living here, when I'd think of a drought, I'd think of barren land, with dry cracked earth. It's a different picture when things still seem somewhat green in our city. We don't necessarily feel the profound effects of this drought here in Nairobi since the highlands haven't been hit as hard, but much of Kenya is suffering from lack of water. Our water is currently rationed, and Rosslyn's wells have run dry (the school now relies solely on the water that comes from the city 2 days per week, storing in tanks for the days we don't receive it). Even our electricity is rationed, as the hydroelectric dams do not have enough water to create power for the city. Water is such a precious resource, and it makes sense to me now why Christ called himself "living water."
Jill
No comments:
Post a Comment