It's not always easy living across the ocean from family. In fact, it's rarely easy at all, but especially during the advent of important events. Bryan and Karah had their first baby in June, the first grandchild/niece in my family. I definitely felt the distance between us when everyone was able to visit them in the hospital and hold baby May. I heard her little cry over skype, and looked at pictures on facebook, but it's not near like being there.

But it's in these moments when the Lord seems to provide some other blessing to make the distance feel a little less. Two days after May was born, my friend Julia had a baby boy. A week after he was born, my friend Naomi and I went to visit her at her home. Holding baby Jamal, I was able to picture my niece, and feel a tiny part of the activity and excitement at home.


Thank you Lord, for these little things.
Written by Jill
No comments:
Post a Comment